It’s better to feed your cat the best dry cat food for urinary tract health issues to avoid their urinary blockage. Moreover, healthy cat food helpful in discomfort relief and provide fast recovery from the crystal formation.
But how to choose the best dry cat food that helps fix your feline’s urinary tract problems is challenging. Therefore we thoroughly researched the available options available in the market and chose top quality food items with the full guide.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks
9Lives Urinary Tract Health
Purina One Urinary Tract health
Best Dry Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health Reviews
List of Dry Cat Food for Urinary Crystals Issues
|Dry Cat Food Name||Ratings||Price|
|9Lives For Urinary Tract Health, Tuna & Egg Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Proactive Health for Urinary Tract Health, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|9Lives Plus Care for Urinary Tract Health, Tuna & Egg Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Hill's Prescription Diet for Urinary Tract Health, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Purina One for Urinary Tract Health, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Hill's Science Diet for Urinary Hairball Control, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Purina Pro Plan for Urinary Tract Health, Chicken & Rice Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Wysong Uretic for Urinary Tract Health, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
1. 9Lives Dry Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health
- Kicking off our list is this 9Lives dry cat food specially crafted for senior cats that is 100% complete and balanced.
- Moreover, it helps promote your feline’s healthy immune system with the help of Vitamin E & Selenium.
- Additionally, this recipe aids in reducing urinary PH value to maintain the urinary tract health of your cat friend.
- Lastly, 9Lives support healthy digestion with the great taste of tuna & egg kibbles that contains all nutrients for living a healthy life.
- Reasonably priced with great value
- Smaller piece east to chew even for senior cats
- No more greasy cat’s coat
- Help in fixing UTI issues
- Baby Raccoons also love this food
- Your kitties, even picky eaters, will be thankful to you.
- Not recommended for kittens
2. Iams Proactive Health Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- Iams got 2nd position in the list containing chicken as the first ingredient to help your cat build strong lean muscles.
- Furthermore, this recipe contains all essential nutrients, including potassium and calcium, to improve your feline partner’s heart health.
- Mainly, this food is formulated to promote urinary health by reducing PH to make your feline happy and healthy.
- Additionally, the deliciously crunchy kibbles aid in reducing plaque buildup and make teeth healthier.
- Lastly, it contains vitamin E to support the immune system plus a 6:3 ratio of optimal omega to make cat’s coat shiny and healthy.
- Best food for fixing FLUTD
- Aid in solving bladder problems
- No more urinary crystals blockage
- Reduce Shedding
- Good for hearth health of your feline
- Less fiber that’s why not much suitable for Indoor cats
3. 9Lives Plus Care Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- Are you hunting for a dry cat food suitable for all life stages and helps in solving urinary blockage and stop crystal formation?
- Then grab this recipe that is 100% balanced and full of essential nutrition ready for your feline’s maintenance.
- Moreover, it’s also helpful in promoting immune health with the help of Selenium and immune health.
- Lastly, the delicious flavor kibbles help in reducing urinary blockage by reducing urinary PH.
- Suitable for all life stages
- Approved by feral and fussy cats too.
- Save your expensive vet bills
- Highly affordable
- Even cats with sensitive teeth can chew it easily
- Also worked for sensitive tummies.
- The Cat may lose weight.
4. Hill’s Prescription Diet Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- Hill’s prescription diet is the succeeding food to make it onto our list.
- Primarily, it helps in reducing blocks of urinary crystals & uroliths so that your feline partner can live happily.
- Furthermore, this recipe is clinically tested, which helps in lowering the rate of recurrence of routine urinary signs up to 89%.
- Moreover, this food contains a controlled level of calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and antioxidant for overall wellbeing.
- Lastly, it’s recommended by vet for lifelong feeding of your cat, and it aids in dissolving struvite stone in 7 days.
- Helpful in dissolving Struvite crystals
- Worth every penny by keeping your cat healthy
- Help in fixing Urinary Tract Blockage including Inflammation
- Aid in reducing kidney stone
- Little pricy but does the job.
5. Purina One Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- The next food that earned a spot into our list is Purina One Urinary Tract Health formula.
- Notably, this recipe promotes urinary health by reducing urinary PH and magnesium content for the wellness of your kitty.
- Moreover, this food is crafted with real chicken as the first ingredient with 0% fillers & no artificial flavors and colors.
- Furthermore, the deliciously crunchy bites with appealing taste contain the blend of vitamins and nutrients to support the immune system.
- Lastly, this formula promotes healthy skin & shiny coats with omega-six fatty acids, plus all essential nutrients make stool firmer.
- Reasonable price with excellent performance
- Suitable for male indoor neutered cats with urinary stress or blockage.
- Works like prescription cat food at a cheaper price
- Help in fixing frequent urination, squatting and leaving little spots problems
- Improve dry and flaky cat’s coat
- Cats may throw up
6. Hill’s Science Diet Dry Cat Food for Urinary Hairball Control
- Hill’s urinary hairball control got the sixth position on the list.
- Primarily, this recipe supports the overall urine system with controlled Urinary PH & low magnesium.
- Moreover, this formula aids in healthy digestion & immune health with a blend of fatty acids and antioxidants.
- Furthermore, it helps in reducing hairballs comfortably with the help of natural fiber.
- Additionally, this US crafted and #1 vet-recommended formula helps in building lean muscles of your feline with high-quality protein.
- Lastly, it helps develop your feline’s coat shiny and healthy with vitamin E and omega 6S.
- Help in reducing hairballs
- Eliminate bladder issues
- Aid in fixing vomiting issues
- Easier on sensitive stomachs
- Fix all UTI problems
- You may dislike the food smell
7. Purina Pro Plan Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- Moving down to the list, Cats love the taste of this Purina Pro urinary tract formula.
- Moreover, this recipe contains all essential nutrients, including calcium and phosphorus, to develop healthy joints and strong bones.
- Especially this food helps to minimize urinary tract health issues by providing low dietary magnesium and reducing urinary PH.
- Furthermore, if you want a lustrous cat’s coat, grab it because it contains linoleic acid and omega-6 fatty acid.
- Lastly, it doesn’t contain any artificial colors and flavors plus focus on extra care nutrition to fulfill your kitty’s specific needs.
- Excellent food for especially for female cats
- Finicky eaters love this food
- Help in fixing UTI symptoms
- Stop crystals blockage
- Better for cats with FLUTD
- Make cause diarrhea in some cots
8. Wysong Uretic Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- Last but not least, if you are hunting for a highly palatable urinary tract formula for all life stages, try it now.
- Moreover, this recipe contains exceptional fresh and dried meat with 42% protein and 15% fat for your feline’s wellness.
- Furthermore, it contains rosemary to fight with allergies plus taurine to improve heart and eye health.
- Additionally, this food creates robust vitality in improving urinary and immune health.
- Lastly, if you want an immediate difference in solving UTI problems, then grab it.
- Life saving food that make immediate difference
- Best food for cats prone to UT troubles.
- All life stage cats love this food immediately
- Make your cat’s coat shiny & glossy
- Help cats to prevent Urinary stones
- Sensitive tummies may not handle this recipe sometimes
Best Dry Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health Buying Guide
(UTI) Urinary Tract Infections are common in cats and can be treated easily if diagnosed early. If your feline is facing any UTI problems, all products mentioned above could be the best solution. Therefore we make this complete guide so you can do little homework yourself and find that your cat buddy needs your help or want to visit the vet.
How to Diagnose If Your Cat Has a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Sometimes it’s harder to diagnose either our cat has (UTI) issues or not. But we can spot it with the symptoms given below.
- Cats will be using the litter box very often than on regular days.
- Urinating in other spots instead of using the litter box.
- Straining in the litter box.
- Excessive urethral licking
- Blood in the urine
- Loss of appetite
If your feline is facing any of the symptoms mentioned above, then it’s wise to consult your vet as soon as possible.
What to look for in a Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
If your feline is facing UTI problems, you need to look for food containing the following benefits.
Allergies & Sensitivities:
If your cat has any sensitivity or allergy, you need to be more careful about choosing healthy cat food. Therefore, you need to find out limited ingredients grain-free cat food to minimize UTI issues.
Some experts suggest that never feed fish-flavored foods to your feline partner because it may increase urinary crystals or stones. Therefore, it’s preferred to feed them the food having chicken or meat as the first ingredient.
Never compromise over the quality of the cat food. Either your cat has UTI problems or not. Therefore, you need to choose a 100% complete and balanced diet having premium quality ingredients.
Urinary Tract Benefits:
A food that contains the following benefits will be suitable for urinary Tract Infections.
- Low in Magnesium
- Lower Urine PH
- High moisture content
Wet or Dry Food:
Usually, it preferred to feed wet cat food for fixing UTI problems. However, it depends upon your feline’s choice; either she prefers dry cat food or wet. If she prefers dry cat food, then you can serve them after moistening.
Tips to Maintain Your Feline’s Urinary Health
If you want to keep your feline’s healthy from UTI, then follow these tips
- Always feed fresh water to your feline partner
- Buy a water fountain for your kitty because it’s more appealing
- Ensure a calm resting place for your cat
- Ensure the consistent routine
- Buy toys for your cats to keep them active and energetic.
What is the best dry cat food for urinary Tract health?
We have researched thoroughly to select the top 8 best dry cat food for urinary tract health. Moreover, if you want to know about the top picks then see below:
- 9Lives Dry Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health
- Purina One Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
- 9Lives Plus Care Dry Cat Food for Urinary Tract Health
Related Post: Premium Dry Cat Food
What should I feed to my cat with urinary problems?
Many experts recommend a high protein, high moisture content, low carbohydrate, low PH, and low magnesium.
What ingredients in cat food cause Crystals in urine?
Cats that eject a large amount of calcium or oxalic acid in their urine are most likely to have Crystals in the urine.
Does dry cat food cause urinary problems?
No! If your feline prefers dry cat food over wet food, then it’s her choice. However, you need to keep your cat hydrated. If your cat eats dry cat food and drinks very less water than it can cause dehydration. It may lead to Urinary tract infections in cats.
Related Article: Grain-Free Dry Cat Food
What can I feed a male cat with urinary problems?
You need to feed your male kitty food containing high protein, high moisture content, low magnesium, and low carbohydrates. Moreover, it depends upon your male cat life stage.
How long does it take for Struvite Crystals to dissolve in cats?
It usually takes six weeks on average for a stone to dissolve. But if the stone doesn’t dissolve entirely, it means that the stone does not wholly consist of struvite crystal.
How do I stop my cat’s urinary blockage?
You need to keep your felines active and energetic by engaging them with different toys. Ensure an extra litter box so that cats can do their own business in private. Also, ensure the daily litter box clean-up.
How can I treat my cat’s urinary blockage at home?
If your cat has an acute UTI problem, then many experts recommend Echinacea Tincture. Moreover, if your cat has kidney and bladder infection, than Uva Ursi is recommended. Furthermore, if there is blood in your cat’s urine, then Horsetail is useful to fix this issue.
Why does my cat keep getting urinary tract infections?
Causes of UTI in your cat could be the following.
- Bladder Infection
- Urinary Bladder Inflammation
- Bladder Stone
- Abnormalities in Urinary Tract
What cat food causes struvite crystals in cats?
Cats that only eat dry cat food are highly likely to have struvite crystals. The reason is that dry cat food contains fewer moisture results in concentrated urine that makes it challenging to pass crystals. Therefore feed more water to the cat that is on dry cat food diet to avoid dehydration.
Can a dirty litter box cause UTI?
Yes! But cat litter boxes don’t cause UTI directly. Most bacteria cause severe urinary Tract Infections that got into the bladder through the urethra. Therefore, the litter box is indirectly involved because if it’s not clean, and if the cat touches her vulva area, then it may lead to UTI.
How often should you change out all the kitty litter?
Well, it depends upon the use of litter boxes. We usually recommend changing the litter box every 3 to 4 weeks.
Concluding this guide, If you are looking for the best overall budget-friendly dry cat food for urinary tract health then we will recommend 9Lives Dry Cat Food For Urinary Tract Health. Moreover, If you are looking for a single solution for urinary tract infections suitable for all life stages then grab Wysong Uretic or 9Lives Plus Care dry cat food. Additionally, you can try Purina One Urinary formula for your indoor feline. Lastly, you can try any of all the above-reviewed products because all foods are thoroughly researched and carefully chosen.
Tell us in the comment section, Which Dry Cat Food worked better for your kitty to solve UTI problems?[wpforms id=”449″ title=”false” description=”false”]