This is the right time to choose the best dry cat food for indoor cats If you are thinking about changing your feline’s lifestyle from outdoor to indoor. Outdoor cats are usually more active and energetic than indoor cats. Because they do exercise a lot, they can intake more calories and maintain a healthy weight.
While indoor cats are less active because they spend most of their time inside. They need a special diet to tailor their nutritional requirements. We have researched thoroughly multiple available indoor formulas. Have a look at the list of top 10 best indoor dry cat foods for your feline partner.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- Best Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats 2020
- List of Healthiest Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats 2020
- 1. Purina One Indoor Dry Cat Food
- 2. Iams Proactive Health Indoor Dry Cat Food
- 3. Purina Beyond Grain-Free Natural Indoor Dry Cat Food
- 4. Hill’s Science Diet Indoor Dry Kitten Food
- 5. Meow Mix Indoor Health Dry Cat Food
- 6. Purina Cat Chow Naturals Indoor Dry Cat Food
- 7. Blue Buffalo Indoor Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
- 8. Rachael Ray Nutrish Complete Indoor Dry Cat Food
- 9. Hill’s Science Diet Indoor Dry Cat Food
- 10. Blue Buffalo Freedom Grain Free Indoor Dry Cat Food
- Best Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats Buying Guide
- Final Verdict:
Our Top Picks
Best Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats 2020
List of Healthiest Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats 2020
|Dry Cat Food Name||Ratings||Price|
|Purina One, Indoor, Turkey Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Proactive Health, Indoor, Chicken & Turkey Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Purina Beyond Grain-Free Indoor, Salmon, Egg & Sweat Potato Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Hill's Science Diet, Indoor Kitten, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Meow Mix Indoor Health, Chicken, Salmon, Ocean Fish and Turkey Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Purina Cat Chow Naturals, Chicken & Turkey Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Blue Buffalo Indoor Hairball Control, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Rachael Ray Nutrish Complete Indoor, Chicken, Lentils & Salmon Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Hill's Science Diet Indoor, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Blue Buffalo Freedom Grain-Free, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
- Purina one topped the list because this formula is suitable for all life stages feline, containing real turkey as the number one ingredient.
- Moreover, the fiber-rich protein makes it an easily digestible recipe that aid in minimizing hairballs.
- Additionally, omega-six fatty acids with additional vitamins and minerals help develop healthy skin and radiant coat of your cat.
- Especially, this food is crafted with real ingredients that help maintain a healthy weight.
- Plus a blend of antioxidants for a robust immune system.
- Furthermore, real turkey is the optimal protein source for the indoor feline that supports strong muscles with a healthy heart.
- Lastly, the appealing taste of delicious crunchy kibbles helps in attracting your cats at mealtime.
- If you are hunting for the best dry cat food for weight management of indoor cats and hairball control, then give it a try.
- Moreover, this protein-rich food contains chicken as the number 1 ingredient to provide playful energy and support, developing strong muscles.
- Additionally, this formula helps maintain the healthy weight and metabolism of your indoor feline with the help of l-carnitine.
- Furthermore, this food helps to minimize hairballs with the blend of beet pulp and proprietary fiber.
- To nourish your cat’s healthy heart, it contains all essential nutrients plus optimal omega 6:3 ratio for healthy skin and soft coat.
- To summarize, it includes 10% less fat content as compared to Iams Healthy Adult original.
- If you are hunting for grain-free food for your indoor feline companion, then try this food.
- Firstly, this food contains salmon as no. 1 real and recognized ingredients that help in better digestion.
- Also, this recipe supports the immune system of your cat with antioxidants.
- Especially, it is crafted with 10% less fat to help in maintaining the healthy weight of your feline.
- Finally, this brand also doesn’t contain any artificial flavors and colors and includes all essential nutrients and ingredients to increase your indoor feline lifespan.
- If you are hunting for the best indoor kitten dry cat food, we will recommend this recipe.
- Firstly, this formula helps to easy litter box clean-up plus promote healthy digestion.
- Most importantly, this US crafted formula helps to build healthy teeth and bones with balanced minerals.
- Of course, these small kibbles aid in the eye and healthy brain development for kittens with the help of DHA from high-quality fish oil.
- Lastly, the blend of rice medley and roasted chicken add unique variety in this diet for your indoor kitten buddy.
- This specially formulated diet helps to maintain a healthy weight for your overweight indoor companion.
- Moreover, this US-manufactured formula contains all essential materials and vitamins that make it complete and balanced for adult indoor cats.
- Furthermore, it provides a taste of outdoor green to satisfy your indoor cat’s cravings plus helpful in easy litter box clean-up.
- Whereas the high-quality protein kibbles help to make lean muscles and energetic body of your cat.
- Finally, It’s recommended to mix it up with wet food or treats and then fee to your feline buddy.
- Do you want that your feline feels naturally high inside? If yes, then try this brand.
- Moreover, this US crafted recipe contains real chicken as the number one ingredient plus no artificial preservatives, flavors, and colors.
- Furthermore, this food helps to control the hairball of your cat with a blend of natural fiber.
- Especially, this formula helps to promote the healthy weight of your cat buddy plus high-quality protein for building strong muscles.
- Lastly, the crunchy texture of tasty kibbles help to satisfy your indoor feline cravings, and she comes running after hearing the kibble hitting sound.
- This formula is uniquely crafted for hairball control of indoor feline.
- Moreover, this food contains real chicken as the number one ingredient plus wholesome grains, fruits & veggies to help to maintain healthy muscles.
- Most importantly, it contains natural fiber sources to provide necessary nutrients and high-quality protein to minimize hairball.
- Especially, this recipe includes LifeSource Bits that are the mixture of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals to support oxidative balance and immune health.
- Furthermore, it contains all essential ingredients enhanced with vitamins and minerals to fulfill all nutritional value of your cat.
- Lastly, this food doesn’t contain any preservatives, flavors, and colors for your feline’s well being plus contain omega fatty acids for a healthy coat.
- Looking for weight Management of your indoor feline companion, then try this brand now.
- Firstly, this recipe contains fiber-rich lentils that help in healthy weight management for your indoor cat.
- Moreover, this food obtained natural prebiotics from the pumpkin that aid in the healthy digestion of your feline.
- Furthermore, it helps to improve the immunity of your indoor buddy with antioxidants rich berries.
- Lastly, the blend of superfoods makes this food a complete indoor meal whose crunchy small kibbles help to satisfy your cat’s tummy.
- Firstly, this food is helpful for easy litter box clean-up and healthy digestion with natural fiber.
- Moreover, it is crafted especially for the indoor feline to fuel up their energy needs.
- Plus the balanced minerals aid in promoting healthy teeth.
- Furthermore, the fibers plus high-quality protein support your cat’s hunger between meals and build lean muscles.
- Most importantly, this food is vet recommended made up of US natural ingredients.
- This food helps to satisfy your kitty cravings with triangular kibbles.
- Lastly, this recipe is not recommended for kittens and pregnant cats.
- This food contains the most beautiful natural ingredients that keep your cat healthy and happy plus fulfill all the nutritional needs.
- Moreover, this recipe obtained high-quality chicken from deboned chicken for better healthy muscle development.
- Furthermore, it contains the balance of fatty acids omega 3 and 6 for promoting the cat’s healthy skin and shiny coat.
- Especially, this food includes taurine that aid in maintaining the better heart and eye health of your feline.
- Also, this recipe contains balanced calories obtained from fat and proteins to promote the ideal health and weight of your kitty.
- Lastly, it helps to maintain a healthy immune system with the help of essential vitamins, essential antioxidants, and chelated minerals.
Best Dry Cat Food for Indoor Cats Buying Guide
Of course, the lifestyle of indoor cats is much different from an outdoor cat. That is why we need to feed them the right diet to fulfill their nutritional needs. Generally, we consider a high-quality protein diet to satisfy our feline’s cravings.
But it’s not a good idea to buy the same food for overweight cats. Moreover, it’s better to feed the diet that is low in macro-nutrients like fat and proteins. Finally, We know it’s challenging to find the best dry cat food for indoor cats.
So this buying guide and FAQs below will help you to solve this problem.
Important Feeding Considerations For Indoor Cats
There are some advantages of indoor cats as compared to outdoor cats. For instance, they are less exposed to different threats like predation from different animals like dogs and car accidents, etc.
Indoor cats are also less visible to various disease parasites and fleas. Overall, we can say that the indoor cat’s lifestyles are healthier than outdoor felines if they are fed a healthy diet and get a few physical activities.
Generally, all cats are not similar, so it’s a good idea to follow these criteria
- Protein Range should be (High-Moderately High) unless your cat is overweight
- Fiber Range should be (Moderately High)
- Fat Range should be (Low to Moderately Low) unless your cats do multiple physical activities.
- Supported by all essential vitamins and minerals.
Which Ingredients To Avoid Feeding Your Indoor Cat?
Although we focused on things to consider while buying cat food. Now have a look at things to avoid while buying dry food for the indoor feline. Moreover, indoor feline needs healthy fats and some fiber plus high-quality protein.
But it doesn’t need many carbohydrates like fruits, veggies, and grains. Well, it doesn’t mean that you have to avoid such type of food entirely. Because many wholesome grains, veggies, and fruits contain a lot of beneficial ingredients.
Although your indoor feline is healthy, overweight or has perfect weight still he should stay away from following
- Although a little bit of added flavor alongside all essential ingredients are not harmful to outdoor cats.
- Whereas for indoor felines, it’s recommended to avoid any artificial flavor because of fewer activities.
- Generally, all foods have some amount of preservatives to increase food life last longer.
- However, it’s better to avoid some questionable preservatives like BHT, TBHQ, and BHA.
Onion and Garlic:
- Several brands use garlic to add some Flavor in the cat as well as dog food.
- Therefore, the allium species intake can cause anemia in both cats and dogs.
Related Post: Best dry cat food for senior cats
Do Indoor cats need different food?
- Yes! Because many indoor cats do less exercise, they require a different diet to meet their nutritional needs.
- However, you need to focus on the healthiest dry cat food for your indoor cat.
Should I follow the Labeled feeding recommendations?
- If your indoor feline is overall healthy and you feed him only best dry cat food, then you can follow the labeled feeding instructions.
- Whereas if your cat is overweight, then consulting your vet will be the wise decision to guide you with the necessary calorie intake.
What is the best/healthiest dry cat food for indoor cats?
Well, you can look at our top picks that are best overall. But if you are looking for some best dry cat food formulas, then try following.
- Purina Beyond Grain-Free Natural Indoor Dry Cat Food
- Iams Proactive Health Indoor Dry Cat Food
In Conclusion, we are going to recommend you some indoor dry cat foods for your ease. If you are looking for healthiest dry kitten food for your indoor feline, then we will recommend Hill’s Science Diet Indoor dry kitten food. Whereas if you want to get rid of litter box smell, then we will recommend Hill’s Science Diet Indoor dry cat food.
However, we will recommend Purina Cat Chow Naturals Indoor dry cat food for healthy weight management of your indoor cat. Finally, if you want to feed your indoor feline the mixture of both dry and wet cat food then try Meow Mix Indoor Health dry cat food.
Which food worked for your feline partner? Your precious feedback in the comments section is much appreciated.