Iams dry cat food brand is the first choice of almost every cat’s parents. This brand is one of the most popular and oldest brands in cat food. Moreover, each food item of this company is reasonably priced and accessible easily anywhere.
If you are wondering about whether this brand is best for your kitty or not, then this guide is for you. We discussed every aspect of Iams like ingredients analysis, the company’s background, and pros. And cons. of each formula.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Picks
- Iams Dry Cat Food 2021
- List of Iams Dry Cat Food 2021
- 1. Iams Proactive Health Dry Cat Food
- 2. Iams Proactive Health Dry Kitten Food
- 3. Iams Proactive Health Indoor Weight & Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
- 4. Iams Proactive Urinary Tract Health Dry Cat Food
- 5. Iams Proactive Health Hairball Control Dry Cat Food
- 6. Iams Proactive Health Sensitive Stomachs Dry Cat Food
- 7. Iams Proactive Health Senior Dry Cat Food
- 8. Iams Proactive Health High Protein Dry Cat Food
- Iams Dry Cat Food Buying Guide & Exclusive Analysis
- Why Choose This Brand
- Exclusive Ingredients Analysis
- Final Verdict:
Our Top Picks
Iams Dry Cat Food 2021
List of Iams Dry Cat Food 2021
|Dry Cat Food Name||Ratings||Price|
|Iams Dry Cat Food, Chicken & Salmon Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Dry Kitten Food, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Indoor Weight & Hairball Control Dry Cat Food, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Urinary Tract Dry Cat Food, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Hairball Control Dry Cat Food, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Sensitive Stomachs Dry Cat Food, Chicken & Turkey Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams Senior Dry Cat Food, Chicken Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|Iams High Protein Dry Cat Food, Chicken & Salmon Recipe||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐|
- This formula is a godsend for cats that needs a healthy body and playful energy.
- Especially, it is made with real chicken as a primary ingredient that promotes the strong lean muscles of your feline partner.
- Additionally, the texture of crunchy cat kibbles helps in reducing plaque build-up and make teeth healthy.
- Moreover, it promotes healthy skin plus a shiny and soft coat with Omega 6:3.
- Furthermore, this recipe improves your cat’s ability to absorb nutrients with a mixture of beet pulp and probiotics.
- Lastly, To nourish a healthy heart, it contains essential nutrients like calcium & potassium.
- Iams kitten formula is specially crafted to promote cognitive development and immune defense of young and developing kittens.
- Moreover, this protein-rich and healthy fats recipe contain real chicken as the primary ingredient with 0% fillers.
- Additionally, this food contains all the nutrients like those in mother’s milk that make this recipe 100% balanced and complete.
- Especially it contains Omega 3 DHA to support healthy brain development plus Taurine for strong vision development.
- Furthermore, the small kibbles are specifically crafted for easy pick-up.
- Lastly, to develop strong bones, it includes all essential minerals like calcium plus vitamin E to promote strong immune health.
- If you are hunting for a formula that helps in the weight management of indoor cats and reduces hairballs, then try this recipe.
- Moreover, this formula is specially crafted with l-carnitine that helps in the weight loss of your indoor feline companion.
- Additionally, Iams includes the unique mixture of beet pulp with fiber aid in reducing hairball issues.
- Furthermore, this recipe promotes the healthy heart of your kitty with essential nutrients like potassium and calcium.
- Lastly, it aids in developing healthy skin and a shiny coat with an omega 6:3 ratio.
- Are you finding the best remedy for urinary tract infections then try this formula for the wellness of your kitty?
- Especially, this recipe addresses urinary tract health problems by reducing urinary Ph to keep your cat healthy every day.
- Moreover, this food helps in building strong lean muscles with chicken as the primary ingredient.
- This formula contains vitamin E to nourish immune health plus all essential nutrients to promote a healthy heart.
- Lastly, the crunchy kibbles of this recipe help reducing plaque build-up.
- If you want to control hairball issues in your kitty before they start then grab this recipe now.
- Especially it’s suitable for both outdoor and indoor cats having hairball problems.
- Moreover, it includes enriched antioxidants to support the immune system of your feline buddy.
- Additionally, make this formula an integral part of their balanced diet to provide healthy energy to play.
- Furthermore, the unique blend of proprietary fiber with beet pulp is the critical ingredient of this recipe to improve hairball care.
- Lastly, the crunchy texture of these kibbles helps in reducing plaque build-up to make your cat’s teeth healthier.
- Of course, if your cat is struggling with digestive issues, dry & itchy skin issues, then this formula could be a great choice.
- Especially this food includes omega 6 and 3 fatty acids that help to develop healthy skin and a glossy coat.
- Moreover, this recipe contains real Turkey as the primary ingredient and 0% fillers which make this food 100% balanced and complete.
- Furthermore, to promote nutrient absorption and digestive health, it contains a blend of prebiotics with beet pulp.
- Lastly, this formula is crafted for adult cats of all ages and sizes.
- If you want to properly maintain the vitality and overall health of your senior cat, then give this recipe a try.
- Of course Real Chicken is the star ingredient in this recipe that helps to support building strong muscles of older cats.
- Especially, it contains calcium which is an essential nutrient to promote the healthy joints and strong bones of senior kitties.
- Furthermore, to promote the healthy heart of your senior feline, it contains calcium and potassium as essential nutrients.
- Additionally, to keep the teeth of your senior buddy healthy, it contains crunchy kibbles texture that also reduces plaque build-up.
- Lastly, this recipe aids in improving immune health with vitamin E.
- If you want to increase the vitality of your kitties, then try this high protein formula that sources 84% of protein from Chicken & Salmon.
- Moreover, the premium quality protein supports muscle development and a healthy heart.
- Additionally, it includes all the essential nutrients that a cat wants and doesn’t contain any artificial preservatives, soy, and dyes.
- Lastly, the tailored fiber mixture of beet pulp with prebiotics helps in nourishing the digestive health of your feline partner.
Iams Dry Cat Food Buying Guide & Exclusive Analysis
In this guide, we tried to cover & everything about this brand like the company’s background, ingredient analysis, and brand in general. Moreover, if you have any confusion regarding choosing which formula best fit for your cat? Then read this guide thoroughly. By the end of this guide, you’ll be able to choose confidently whether the Iams brand is suitable for your feline partner or not.
Iams is one of the popular brands in the pet food industry that started in 1946 and owned by Paul Iams. Iams food is manufactured worldwide by Mars, Inc and in Europe by Spectrum brands. Initially, this brand manufactured and sold high protein, high-fat dog cat food.
Furthermore, In 1950 Iams launched the first dry dog food that was mainly crafted with animal-based protein. In 1999 Procter and Gamble purchased this company and made it accessible worldwide easily in up to 70 countries. Moreover, In 2014 (P & G) sold this brand to Mars, Inc, and the European market to Spectrum.
Let’s talk about today’s Iams, which is one of the largest and famous pet food companies. Iams offers multiple options according to different food features, lifestyles, and ages of cats. Moreover, it includes kitten formula, adult cat formula, senior cat’s formula, high protein, sensitive stomachs, and urinary tract formulas, etc.
Major Iams pet foods are manufactured in USA-based facilities located in Ohio, North Carolina, and Nebraska. Whereas, European divisions of Iams brand have their facilities in Coevorden city, Drenthe province, Netherlands.
Iams doesn’t tell their exact ingredients sourcing locations. However All Mars, Inc subsidiaries work under Mars’s responsibility. They follow all the supplier codes of conduct and Mars sourcing program handled by 3rd party to maintain premium quality.
Why Choose This Brand
Iams will be the right choice if you want to feed your kitty healthy, nutritious, and tasty food at an affordable price. They always use premium quality ingredients that are carefully chosen by experts and according to defined (AAFCO) standards.
Iams was pioneered in suggesting that, cats should be fed and treated as true carnivores. They are continuously evolving themselves with research in existing foods and the overall wellbeing of your cat.
Of course, Iams was 1st in tailoring recipes according to pet’s needs and requirements like crafting food for seniors, adults & kittens. Mostly positive reviews of buyers tell that Iams foods are balanced in all aspects like quality, variety, and price.
Exclusive Ingredients Analysis
As a wise cat parent, you should look first at the ingredients list while purchasing cat food. Always choose those recipes which are 100% balanced and natural having real meat or chicken as 1st ingredient. Let’s briefly talk about each macronutrient group so you can have a clear idea of whether the food is suitable for your feline or not.
Iams brand doesn’t include seeds, fruits, and vegetables in their cat food. They focus on core carbohydrates like beet pulp, rice, corn, spinach, and sorghum, etc.
Many cat owners seem to avoid corn meals, while Iams claims that the combination of specific carbohydrates is necessary for a balanced diet.
Therefore simple carbohydrate list varies from one recipe to another. Lastly, the beet pulp is a great choice as a source of carbohydrates because it aids in easy digestion and hairball control.
Iams uses chicken fat and fish oil as a source of healthy fat. None of their recipes contains bad fat. Both of these fats help provide a balance of omega-six and omega-three fatty acids. They are then helpful in developing a healthy immune system and shiny plus silky coat.
All recipes of Iams use either chicken, turkey, or salmon as a primary source of protein and amino acids that carnivores thrive for. Fish is also a good source of healthy fats that is also a convenient option for improving the skin and coat health of your feline partner.
Iams brand recipes include meat by-products as 2nd ingredient which can be healthy and nutritious but not a good protein source. But don’t worry every meat by-product used in Iams recipes is properly named.
Is Iams cat food good quality?
Many pet parents believe that good quality cat food is the key to longevity and the cat’s health. Iams is not on the list of worst cat food available in the market. It can be enlisted in mid-grade quality food that contains no artificial preservatives and fillers.
Is Iams or Purina better for cats?
The major difference between Purina and Iams cat food is protein content. Purina one brand provides high protein content for both cats and dogs food. Whereas, Iams brand provides ample protein content for pets food. Now you can choose the ideal brand that fulfills all the nutritional requirements of your feline partner.
Do vets recommend Iams Cat Food?
Yes! Iams is one of the famous, quality, and budget brands that often recommended by many vets. Vets recommend many Iams formulas like hairballs formula, sensitive stomachs formula, and indoor cat’s formula, etc.
Related Post: Best Dry Cat Food
What is better, Iams or Royal Canin?
In the thorough comparison of Royal Canin and Iams, we gathered the data in which crude protein content in Iams is more than Royal Canin. Whereas the crude fat of both brands is almost equal and crude fiber of Iams is less than that of Royal Canin. Now you can choose the best cat food according to your feline’s requirements.
Is Iams cat food being discontinued?
Recently, Iams announced to discontinue its wet cat food brand that is known as Iams’s perfect delights. The reason is that a lot of customers have complained about the actual container that’s why they have decided to discontinue. However, dry cat food won’t be discontinued.
Which is better Iams or Science Diet?
Hill’s science diet doesn’t include all protein-based ingredients like gluten and grains, while Iams contains protein-rich ingredients. Iams brand includes corn that can cause indigestion while Science Diet doesn’t include any artificial preservatives or colors. Hill’s science diet is very expensive as compared to Iams food that is budget-friendly.
If you want to improve the Cognitive Development & Immune health of your kitten, then the Iams kitten formula will be an ideal choice. Moreover, for Indoor Weight & Hairball, the Iams indoor formula will be great. Furthermore, Iams proactive chicken & salmon recipe will help improve overall health and provide playful energy to your kitty.
Additionally, If your kitten has a sensitive stomach, then Iams sensitive stomach formula is the best choice. Especially if you want to improve the health & vitality of Senior cats, later try Iams senior formula.
Let us know in the comment section which Iams dry cat food worked fine for your feline partner?[wpforms id=”449″ title=”false” description=”false”]